Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Low Lights



Last night, i was thinking of trying something new and then street photography pops up. it's pretty challenging because here in KSA taking pictures in public is prohibited (i mean strictly prohibited) either they confiscate your camera or go to jail thats how it works. (As what they say). But a person like me who wants to try a feel of adventure... took my cam and hit the streets (you can feel my hands shaking during those times). i've learned some points in taking nightshots. let me share you some. let me remind you im no professional, so take my tips at your own risk. a) the key to low lights shots is long exposure which means slow shutter speeds. so if you're an avid fan of caffeine a tripod is a must. b) ISO speeds 100 to 400 (this will take some trial and error finding the optimum value) and dial your shutter speed 15 to 20. (my pics are bit lower for obvious reasons i stated above) c) in terms of aperture if you want to capture a depth of field i mean longer depth of field to ensure far off elements with scene in focus you can try f9 to f-14. again lemme remind you, those are my noobie tips. so try and explore at your own risks. anyway, here's my low light street photography paparazzi style. enjoy!


-lynad adal-

No comments:

Post a Comment